How to put a condom on
- Check the expiration date (Outdated condoms break easier)
- Put the condom on before any genital-to-genital contact. The fluid that leaks from a penis before ejaculation can contain sperm.
- Use a new condom each time
- Be careful not to tear the condom when unwrapping it. If it’s torn, brittle, or stiff, toss it and use another
- Leave a half-inch of extra space at the tip to collect the semen, then pinch the air out of the tip
- Unroll the condom over the erect penis as far as it will go
- Smooth out any air bubbles—they can cause condoms to break
Instructions are included in condom packages.
How to take a condom off
- Hold on to the base of the condom while pulling out so that semen doesn’t spill out
- Remove condom before penis becomes flaccid
- Throw the condom away in a trash can (preferably one that is out of the reach of children and pets)
- Be sure and wash hands and penis before any repeated contact